Coconut has a very distinctive taste, and it goes very well with cakes. This recipe doesn't take any sugar, and allows you to be quite creative with the decoration. Very easy, wholesome and delicious: perfect!
Servings: about 10 slices
- 1 lb. of dry unsweetened coconut, shredded (you can find it at any grocery store)
- 1 lb. of whole wheat flour
- 1 lb. of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 23 oz. agave (you can also use honey)
Mix the agave with the coconut. Slowly add the flour, eggs, butter and the baking powder. Stir really well with a spoon. Prepare a baking pan with oil spray and flour. Pour the batter. Pre-heated oven for 40 minutes at 350F.
This cake is a decoration blank canvas: try slices of mangos, cherries or raspberries!