Friday, July 15, 2011

Fan of the Week: Grace Welch


Meet our Fan of the Week, Grace Welch, a successful "mompreneur" from Providence, RI. She is the mom inventor of the award-winning patemm® pad, the round diaper changing system.  Grace and her patemm® pads have been featured on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, Evening Magazine, View From The Bay, People Magazine, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, DailyCandy, Parents, Kiwi, Life & Style, Real Simple, Parenting, ABC's The View, NBC's The Today Show, CBS News, just to name a few!

Grace's story of how she started her business, and how she marketed and promoted her patemm® pad while raising her children has enabled & inspired entrepreneurial-minded mothers (and fathers) across the country to start their own businesses.   Check out how she leads her very active life, balancing a successful business and a family with 4 kids under 10 years of age!



Best advice to make your kids eat healthy / What is in their lunchbox?
I always add a piece of fruit or some raw veggies in their lunch boxes.  Give them healthy options:  Do you want an apple or raisins or a banana or a granola bar?  Try not to give them give them the junkfood option whenever possible.

 Kid gear you couldn't have lived without:
Flushable wipes and LL Bean stainless steel water bottles and Episencial Face Balm.

Mantra to keep calm in chaotic moments: 
Life is so hectic as it is and I always try to simplify my life as much as possible.  If I have a bad day, accept it and move on.  Tomorrow is another day...

Tricks to keep in shape:
I walk or run whenever I can...and drink lots of water. 

Best busy mom beauty trick:
As a wife, mom to 4 kids, and running my own business, my life is full and hectic!  But, I alway take some quiet time for myself everyday.  I get up early everyday before everyone else does and that is my quiet time to drink my coffee, meditate and prepare for the day.  I always leave the house with a little lip color and a great accessory piece like a statement necklace or bracelet to add to my wardrobe. 

One green guilt:
I need to be more diligent about re-cycling!




If you'd like to be a Fan of the Week, please e-mail us at EcoLogicalMom@ymail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment