Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blueberry Zucchini Delight

I'm always trying to find ways to get my kids to eat veggies and fruits. I love this recipe that includes loads of zucchini and blueberries. Actually, I have to control myself so I don't eat more than my share!


Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Servings:  4 loaves


  • 1 cup  all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup  whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/4  cup  packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4  cup  granulated sugar
  • 1  tsp.  baking soda
  • 1  tsp.  ground cinnamon
  • 1/2  tsp.  coarse sea salt
  • 1/2  tsp.  baking powder
  • 3  eggs
  • 3/4  cup  canola oil
  • 1  tsp.  pure vanilla extract
  • 2  cups  shredded zucchini
  • 1  cup  blueberries
  • 2  Tbs.  turbinado sugar (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Lightly coat the bottoms of 4 5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large bowl combine flours, sugars, soda, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder; set aside. In a separate bowl combine eggs, oil, and vanilla and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir until combined. Gently stir in the zucchini and then the blueberries.
Spoon batter into prepared pans and sprinkle with turbinado sugar, if desired. Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of each comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Serve warm or cool completely before slicing.

Source: Parents.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make these! Wonder how they'll turn out if I substitute the oil with applesauce. I've been doing that in EVERYTHING lately! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete