Servings: 6 mini pizzas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread, ciabatta or English muffins
- 3 cups diced eggplant (or vegetables your kids enjoy!)
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are softened. Place the tomatoes on the slices of bread. In a skillet, saute eggplant, garlic and onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add squash and zucchini and cook until tender. Do not over cook, since they will cook some more in the oven. Add a bit of salt and pepper (be careful because both cheeses are very salty). Add the sauteed vegetables evenly over the tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and feta cheese. Sprinkle pizza with basil.
Bake 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
Based on recipe from foodnetwork.com