Roasted vegetables are delicious and healthy. We found this kid-friendly version that is a major success! Ask your kids to participate in the cooking process, and add their favorite vegetables. Try it out with some brown rice, or a deliciously grilled chicken breast.
Servings: approximately 12 portions
- 1 small butternut squash, cubed
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 C). In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and Yukon Gold potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
Based on source: All Recipes