Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Worst Kids' Food and Beverage in America
The Children's Health published a list of the worst food and beverage options for kids in America. Take a look at a few items, simply unbelievable!
- Worst beverage: SunnyD Smooth Style (16oz) = 260 calories and 60 grams of sugars.
- Worst cereal: Cap'n Crunch (1 cup) = 146 calories, 2 grams of fat, 16 grams of sugar and only 1 gram of fiber.
- Worst restaurant dessert: Uno Chicago Grill Sundae = 860 calories, 38 grams of fat, 94 grams of sugar.
- Worst shake: Baskin-Robbins Small Snickers Shake = 1,040 calories, 50 grams of fat, 112 grams of sugar (yes, this is the small size!!).
- Worst fast food burger: Burger King Kids' Double Cheeseburger with Small Fries and Coke = 1,100 calories, 52 grams of fat, and 1,870 mgrams of sodium.
Sources: Children's Health and msnbc