Kids usually like hummus with bread or toasts. Made with garbanzo beans and tahini, hummus is a very healthy option for a snack or appetizer.
Here is an easy recipe that kids love! And it can't be any easier....
Servings: 3 cups
- 30oz of cooked and drained garbanzo beans (or 2 cans, if preferred)
- 1/2 cup roasted tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup packed flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Place garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, parsley, and green onion in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water if the mixture is too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.