Over 2 million cribs have been recalled in June, primarily drop-side versions. Here is a summary of brands:
- 750,000 Jenny Lind drop-side cribs distributed by Evenflo Inc.
- 747,000 Delta drop-side cribs. Delta is also urging parents to check all fixed and drop-side cribs that use wooden stabilizer bars to support the mattress. The company says the bars can be installed upside down, causing the mattress platform to collapse.
- 306,000 Bonavita, Babi Italia and ISSI drop-side cribs manufactured by LaJobi Inc.
- 130,000 Jardine drop-side cribs imported by Toys R Us.
- 156,000 Million Dollar Baby drop-side cribs.
- 50,000 Simmons drop-side cribs.
- 40,000 to 50,000 Child Craft brand stationary-side cribs and an unknown number of Child Craft brand drop-sides. Child Craft ceased operations last summer and sold its name to Foundations Worldwide Inc., which did not manufacture or sell any of the recalled cribs but will offer rebates for some of them.
Please click on the link for the Consumer Product Safety Commission for full details and model numbers.
Sources: cpsc.gov, msnbc.com