Thursday, July 23, 2009

Daily Dose of Energy

peace
Every day I raise my energy level with a great workout, a blend of fresh antioxidant fruits and positive thoughts. Well, at least I try! If time doesn’t allow for a great workout, I go for a shorter power walk.

Setting aside ten to fifteen minutes at night to relax my mind and meditate completes the cycle, and energizes my ability to maintain positive thoughts.

As role models for our kids, we have the duty to teach them self-motivation and the importance of taking good care of themselves.

Wikipedia defines self-motivation as the ability to “find a reason and the necessary strength to do something, without the need of being influenced to do so by another person. Working in a careful and consistent manner without giving up.” This precisely defines great personality traits that I want my kids to develop.

As busy parents, we often put ourselves at the bottom of our priority lists. Taking good care of ourselves is a great exercise but requires some discipline! Cultivating our health and mind can only bring positive results for the whole family. Definitely a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment