Servings: 4 portions
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives, divided, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups chopped green beans
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 9-inch “ready-to-use” crêpes, or whole wheat tortillas (both found in most grocery stores)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, green beans and corn and cook, stirring, until beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in ricotta, Monterey Jack, the remaining 1/4 cup chives, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook, stirring gently, until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
To roll crêpes, place one on a piece of parchment or wax paper (or leave it on the piece of plastic separating the crêpes in the package). Tortillas as a lot easier to handle! Spoon one-fourth of the vegetable-cheese mixture (about 3/4 cup) down the center of the crêpe/tortilla. Use the paper (or plastic) to help you gently roll the crêpe around the filling. Place the crêpe/ortilla seam-side down on a dinner plate. Repeat with the remaining crêpes and filling. Serve each crêpe/tortilla topped with 2 tablespoons of the reserved sauce and more chives, if desired.
Per serving: 302 calories; 17 g fat (8 g sat, 6 g mono); 46 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 3 g fiber; 687 mg sodium; 485 mg potassium.
Source: Eating Well