The Food and Drug Administration is warning parents to be careful with Halloween face painting. Here are a few tips from the FDA to keep your kids safe:
1. Follow all directions carefully.
2. Don't use paint not intended for skin.
3. Bad smell is a sign of contamination. Throw it away!
4. Don't use paint around kids' eyes.
5. If you're decorating your skin with something never used before, test it in advance for allergic reactions. Test it on the kids arms for a couple of days before putting it on the face.
For detailed information, logon to the fda.gov