Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You've gotta get moving!

I hear so many people complaining about the lack of time to exercise. I just can't believe that anyone would ever wait for that moment in life when spare time is fully available to start being active. You have to make time, people!!

Exercising is incredibly important in life. Like brushing your teeth, it should be part of your routine, hopefully DAILY routine.

I remember when I was in college and also doing my internship at the same time, I would hit the gym at 5am. The following period of my life, when I was working full time and attending full time credits for my MBA. Boy, that was hell, but I exercised during my lunch break. Ok, I know I enjoy exercising, however my point is that if you are committed to a healthy lifestyle, you have no choice other than making time to exercise.

One important point is that exercising is like a relationship for life. You need to work on that, making sure it doesn't get boring, a burden! Do something that is pleasurable, fun, enjoyable! Have kids? Take that stroller out there and run or power walk with your kids. Can it get any more fun than that? That will teach your kids to enjoy being active too!
Get a pedometer and commit to 10,000 steps a day. It can't get any easier....

No excuses, please! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment