Larabars are very easy to make, and they can be quite expensive to buy! Check out this base recipe:
Portions: about 6 bars
- 1 cup nuts
- Almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios, peanuts, hazelnuts, etc.
- 1 cup sweet dried fruit
- Dates, raisins, figs, prunes, etc.
- 1 cup filling (optional)
- Dried cherries, dried blueberries, dried apricot, dried pineapple, cranberries, goji berries, more chopped nuts, dried coconut, chocolate chips, coffee beans, cacao nibs, shredded carrot, etc.
- 2 - 4 tbsp flavoring (optional)
- Cacao, vanilla, cinnamon, citrus zest and juice, ginger, mint, cloves, coconut oil.
In your food processor, mix together fruit and nuts until a sticky, workable dough is formed. Add flavoring, and process well. Add fillings, and pulse until combined - being careful not to wreck the texture. Shape into six equal sized bars, and wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap. If you're in a hurry, you can shape the dough into eight to twelve balls, instead. Lärabars should keep in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container for up to a month.
If you want to try different flavors, try the Rawfied recipes