It's always harder to adjust to the "spring ahead" time change (this year on March 11) than to the "fall back" change (on November 4).
- Prepare a few days before. Reset clocks on Friday before bedtime. Or go to bed 15 or 20 minutes earlier for three or four days.
- For adults, perk up with coffee or another caffeinated beverage in the morning; avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening.
- Expose yourself to daylight soon after waking.
- Avoid bright light in the evening. Computer screens mimic daylight and throw your rhythm off.
- Practice good sleep habits, with a comfy bed, a quiet room and white noise to drown out sounds if necessary.
Source: Vitals on msnbc