Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Great Educational Entertainment Without Screen Time


There is a lot of buzz about using tablets, in particular the iPad, to teach kids reading, spelling and words. While I think the iPad is a great tool, I still believe in the good ol' wooden puzzle to acquire developmental skills. 


We've been using a lot of "non-electronic" toys and tools with my toddlers. One brand of learning toys and games that I do like is The Learning Journey. And the best is that they are very inexpensive (around US$10) and conveniently available online. My kids love the Animal Puzzles and the Match It Spelling, which is particularly great for 2 to 5 year olds. If you want to give your kids great colorful educational entertainment without any "electronic screen" time, these are great options.
Available at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment