Try this Frittata and you won't regret! Very easy, one pot dish. Great recipe for Daddy's Day!
Servings: 6 portions
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 organic eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped roasted red sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata or pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion-and-garlic croutons, coarsely crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- (if your kids like broccoli, this is a great opportunity to add this great veggie to the menu)
Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Stir in feta cheese, roasted sweet pepper, olives (if desired), basil, and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over onion mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Reduce heat as necessary to prevent overcooking.
In a bowl combine crushed croutons, Parmesan cheese, and the remaining tablespoon of oil; sprinkle mixture over frittata.
Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until top is set and crumbs are golden. Cut frittata in wedges to serve. If desired, garnish with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.
Source: Based on recipe from Better Homes and Gardens