Carrot cake with chocolate topping ready to go to the oven in 7 minutes. Can't get any better than that!
Oh, and you can substitute the carrots for apples for an Apple Cake instead. Delicious, easy and versatile!
Carrot Cake with Dark Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar (you can also use brown sugar)
- 1 cup of milk or orange juice
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded organic carrots
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
Mix well all the ingredients in the blender, except the baking powder. Add the baking powder and stir well with a spoon.
Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a pan.
Place the pan with the batter in the oven for 35 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow cake to cool 15 minutes in the pan. After 15 minutes, turn the cake out onto a rack and let it cool completely. Frost with the dark chocolate topping (see below).
Dark Chocolate Topping:
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar or honey
- 3 full tablespoons of dark chocolate powder
- 3 tablespoons of milk
Mix all ingredients in a pan. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring it. Spread on top of the cake. Voila!