This is that time of the year when people splurge on new electronics. Well, you seem very excited with the new "stuff", but don't forget your responsibility of disposing the old "stuff" properly. It can have a big impact on our environment.
Here is a recommendation from experts on how to recycle electronics:
- Give cell phones back to their manufacturers or donate them to charity.
- Return iPods to Apple for recycling or sell them for parts.
- Keep old TVs out of landfills by taking them to a safe e-cycling facility.
- Take e-waste to stores like Best Buy and Staples that have recycling programs.
- Search Earth 911's database of recycling locations across the U.S.